CODESPA sees a world where every individual living in extreme poverty has an opportunity to unlock their highest potential and become self-reliant through access to dignified and sustainable work.
We are on a mission to contribute to rising 10 million more people from poverty to prosperity in the most underserved regions of Latin America, Africa, and Asia through our community-led, scalable approach to rural market development and empowering entrepreneurs by providing them access to knowledge, markets, and financial services.
Our core values are:
- Integrity: As an organization and as individuals, we act with integrity.
- Respect for the individual: The desire to place people (beneficiaries, volunteers, and professionals) at the center of every activity. To believe in their dignity, creativity and capacity to actively participate in problem-solving.
- Transparency and austerity: We are committed to responsibly using and handling the resources we have available for fulfilling our mission.
- Teamwork: We believe that lasting and effective solutions come from valuing beneficiaries’ skills, local partners, and CODESPA team.
- Professionalism: We strive to constantly improve our management skills to guarantee our objectives are achieved. CODESPA is always results-oriented.
- Willingness to add value: We work hard so that our participation in the social transformation process multiplies people’s chances for development.
- Optimism at work: We like to face problems and turn them into development opportunities.
- Co-responsibility: We are interested in promoting coordination of different social agents (public and private institutions) in the development programs, to achieve greater impact and instill responsibility for problem-solving.
- Open to all: We are willing to work together with all kinds of people and institutions, promoting peace, coexistence between all – without any kind of violence –freedom and its consequent responsibility, and respect for basic human rights.
We support and work towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. If you would like to learn a little more about us, please consult our blog.