Our vision is to be an innovative, international NGO, leader in projects and integral development models that generate strong impact on people and organizations, through revenue generating activities and creation of stable job opportunities.
Our core values are:
- Integrity: As an organization and as individuals, we act with integrity.
- Respect for the individual: The desire to place people (beneficiaries, volunteers and professionals) at the center of every activity. To believe in their dignity, creativity and capacity to actively participate in problem solving.
- Transparency and austerity: We are committed to responsibly use and handle the resources we have available for fulfilling our mission.
- Teamwork: We believe that lasting and effective solutions come from valuing beneficiaries’ skills, local partners and CODESPA team.
- Professionalism: We strive to constantly improve our management skills to guarantee our objectives are achieved. CODESPA is always results—oriented.
- Willingness to add value: We work hard so that our participation in the social transformation process multiplies people’s chances for development.
- Optimism at work: We like to face problems and to turn them into development opportunities.
- Co-responsibility: We are interested in promoting coordination of different social agents (public and private institutions) in the development programs, to achieve greater impact and instill responsibility for problem solving.
- Open to all: We are willing to work together with all kinds of people and institutions, promoting peace, coexistence between all – without any kind of violence –freedom and its consequent responsibility, and respect for basic human rights.
We support and work towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals. If you would like to learn a little more about us, please consult our strategic plan.