Location: Cantonal or provincial capitals of Esmeraldas, Sucumbíos, Carchi, Imbabura, Cotopaxi, Chimborazo, Orellana and Pichincha (Ecuador).
Dates: January 2021 – January 2022.
Goal: To train the population in financial education through the courses “Financial Culture” (online) and “Family Financial Education Program” (face-to-face), with the following results:
- Reduce the socioeconomic vulnerability of people.
- Promote financial responsibility and a culture of savings.
- Provide knowledge and tools for families to manage the economic resources available.
- Raise awareness and promote healthy consumption habits.
- Introduce the functioning of the financial system.
Beneficiaries: 2,500 people in the first course. 500 people in the second (at least 35% women in both cases), most of them self-employed and working in subsistence or small accumulation sectors.
Title: Implementation of the financial education program of the CRISFE Foundation.
Funded by: Fundación CRISFE.